Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Works-For-Me Wednesday: Low-Cal Garlic Bread Substitute

Whether I'm trying South Beach recipes or counting WW points, the bread must be limited. Especially the yummy buttery garlic bread! But, oh how I miss it sometimes. I finally came up with my own substitution that's only 2 points!

Use 100-calorie Thomas English Muffins. Split muffins in half and coat well with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, then sprinkle with garlic powder. Put muffins on a cookie sheet and toast in 400-450 degree oven (or use a toaster oven). If you eat both halves, it will be 2 WW points.

My hubby and son even liked these! Finally I feel like I can still have yummy bread along with my soup or pasta dinners!

This substitute works for me! See what works for other people at Works-For-Me Wednesday hosted by Rocks In My Dryer.

Hope you are having a super week!

Lisa :)

5 comments:

  1. Great tip! I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! What a great looking recipe without the guilt! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used low cal bread, but had not thought to use English muffins. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT is a great idea! I use those english muffins all the time, but I had just never thought of using them that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very great article for my wife. I will forward this information to her.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!