Monday, January 12, 2009

Healthy Recipe: Creamy Potato And Garlic Soup

It's Simmering Soup Week at Stop and Smell the Chocolates, my other blog! Because of that, I 'm posting a nice healthy soup here (though the soups there are pretty healthy, too). This recipe came from a WW cookbook and I'm so glad I tried it out. I love it!



Creamy Potato And Garlic Soup

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. pieces
4 large garlic cloves
3 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup plain croutons
Additional pepper (optional)

1. Heat oil in large saucepan over med. heat. Add onion; cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in potato, garlic, and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add milk; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in salt and pepper.

2. Place one-third of potato mixture in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl; repeat procedure twice with remaining potato mixture (or if you have a stick blender or attachment for your hand mixer, you can blend right in the saucepan). Ladle soup into individual bowls; top evenly with croutons. Sprinkle each serving with additional pepper, if desired.

4 servings, 216 cal., 4 g fat, 4.6 g fiber, 4 pts

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always double or triple this recipe so I have leftovers and often freeze some. Hope you enjoy this soup and don't forget to stop by Simmering Soup Week - there are giveaways to enter!

Lisa :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello your blog is pretty cool, put it in my favorites, I always see it, is also in my own and let your commentary.
    bye!

    www.sarinhaesamyrinha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!