Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Healthy Recipe: Ham and Arugula Sandwiches with Cranberry Chutney

Since we are coming into the season of cranberry recipes, I thought it would be a good time to include this one. I found it in an older Weight Watchers cookbook. I tried it last year when a friend was kind enough to give me some homemade cranberry chutney. My hubby and I really enjoyed it - something different! I didn't even try to serve it to my son though!

Ham and Arugula Sandwiches with Cranberry Chutney
1 (8 oz) package Italian-cheese-flavored pizza crusts (such as Boboli)
1/4 cup cranberry chutney
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
8 ounces lean cooked ham, sliced
1 cup loosely packed trimmed arugula or chopped romaine lettuce

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

2. Place pizza crusts on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until warm.

3. Spread chutney over bottom side of 1 pizza crust. Spread mustard on bottom side of remaining crust. Arrange sliced ham over mustard-coated crust. Top with arugula. Place chutney-coated side of remaining crust over arugula. Cut into 4 equal sandwiches. 4 servings

246 cal, 5.5 g fat, .7 g fiber, 5 pts


When I couldn't find the pizza crusts in cheese flavor, I just used the regular. You'll have to try it out and let me know what you think!

Lisa :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!