Thursday, June 4, 2009

Healthy Recipe: Watermelon and Lime Granita

I found this recipe in a Cooking Light magazine. I finally decided to give it a try and YUM - very glad I did! It's easy to make and has a nice refreshing flavor. Perfect for dessert after a summer meal. If you serve this to company, they won't even realize that they're eating something healthy. They'll just think it's delicious and *fancy*!



Watermelon and Lime Granita

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)

1. Place sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Place sugar mixture in a small bowl; cool 10 minutes. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.

2. Place sugar mixture, watermelon, and lime juice in a blender; process until smooth. Pour watermelon mixture into an 11x7-in. baking dish; cover and freeze at least 2 hours or overnight. Remove mixture from freezer, and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Scrape the entire mixture with a fork until fluffy. Serve with lime wedges, if desired. Yield: 6 servings (1/2 cup each).

100 cal, .2 g fat, .5 g fiber, 2 WW pts

~~~~~~~~~~~~


I hope you do try this - I think you'll really like it! You're even getting a serving of fruit at the same time!

I'm linking this up at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for Tasty Tuesday - go check out all the delicious recipes there!

Have a blessed day!

Lisa :)

2 comments:

  1. yummy and refreshing -- two things I love, especially in summer months. Any other flavor combos you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! CL is one of my favorite magazines...love them! :) I think I'll make this with that watermelon I have already frozen, hopefully it'll work out...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!