Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Food Finds

When you find good stuff that makes eating healthy a little more fun, you just HAVE to share it! I have a couple of things to share with you today.

One is Reddi Wip Chocolate whipped cream (you know, the aerosol can). For 2 tablespoons, it's 15 calories and 1 gram of fat. On WW, that's 0 points! It's enough to give a nice little shot of whipped cream on top of a cup of coffee or fruit or pudding and it won't throw you off track! It's made with real whipped cream and chocolate and just makes everything a little more fancy. I don't see it in every store, but I always find it in Walmart. Have you tried it?

Another yummy find is Trader Joe's Champagne Pear Vinaigrette with Gorgonzola. For 2 tablespoons, it's 45 calories and 2.5 grams of fat - just 1 WW pt! And that is enough dressing for me on a small salad. It's delicious and has chunks of gorgonzola cheese in it. A friend at church told me about it and I'm so glad! I had some over some baby greens and cut up leftover chicken breast - it was fantastic! You can find it in the refrigerated section at Trader Joe's. It's my new favorite dressing!

Do you have any good food finds?

Have a wonderful day!

Lisa :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh we really like the chocolate Reddi Whip.
    I have fallen in love with Fage Yogurt 2% with honey or fruit (cherry is my favorite). there is just something about it and the taste is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought and I have thunk, and I just have not thought of any good low point snack that sounds as good as yours. Waaaaaait a minute....have you tried the Weight Watches Cream Cheese? It's yummy, yummy spread on a pretzel crisp with a smidge of salsa .... or a jelly (if you are in the mood for sweet). They have two types of Cream Cheese. One is in a little "tub" type and the other is in individual servings. Get the individuals if you can spring the extra moolah for them. I know they have fiber added to them and I think they might be less points than the tub variety because of that. Anyway, I love me some Weight Watchers Cream Cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi .
    First of all i want to say thanks for such awesome post...
    I thinks When you’re sad or overly joyful there is one dessert that is always there for you, chocolate! Chocolate is mainly a seed from the tropical cacao tree, able to be changed into a variety of delicious desserts it has found its metamorphic substance into our hearts and homes.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!