Monday, June 16, 2008

Healthy Recipe: Pan-Glazed Chicken with Basil

This was a recipe in a Weight Watchers cookbook ad a few years ago. It's our favorite chicken recipe. I make it quite often as it's so quick and yummy, too!

Pan-Glazed Chicken with Basil

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil

1. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med.-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn chicken, and cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in vinegar, honey, and basil; cook 1 minute.

4 servings, 161 cal., 3.7 g fat, 0 g fiber (4 pts)


Doesn't get much easier than that! And it's good leftover, too. Could use the leftover chicken in other recipes.

Try it out - I think you'll like it!

Lisa :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!

    I have to tell you, too...every time I see your blog title, I think, "But I don't WANT to stop eating all the chocolates!" It makes me smile. I love chocolate, obviously. Great title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can tell I'm going to love your blog! I'm gonna subscribe to your reader!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!