Monday, June 7, 2010

Healthy Recipe: Fruit and Yogurt Shake

I just tried this recipe this morning and the whole family liked it!  The recipe is from Cooking Light.  It's supposed to be a good shake to have before doing a workout or even immediately after one.  I thought it was great and refreshing!


The recipe for the Fruit and Yogurt Shake (includes frozen cherries, crushed pineapple, banana, and more) can be found at the Cooking Light my recipes site.  Just click here to get it.  The only changes I made were to add some flax seed and a few ice cubes.  I'm not a big fan of bananas and don't really like the taste of them in my smoothie drinks, but I didn't have any problem with it in this one.  All the other flavors mix in and the banana isn't overwhelming, so I like that it helps me sneak in the nutrition of the banana!

I forgot to mention that this drink is only 3 WW pts per cup (142 cal, 2.1 g fat, 2 g fiber)!

Try it out - it's a wonderful Summer breakfast drink or a good pick-me-up right after an intense workout!

Have a healthy day!
Lisa  :)

1 comment:

  1. I've got a recipe for you :)

    http://perfectinhim.blogspot.com/2010/06/easy-as-pie-pie.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!