Thursday, August 27, 2009

Healthy Recipe: Apple and Carrot Salad

Recently at a WW meeting, I was given a booklet that had some great recipes in it. I decided to try some and want to share one with you. This salad is a little different for me, but I really liked the flavor - so refreshing and I do like feta cheese. If you don't like feta, you could experiment with other cheeses.



Apple and Carrot Salad

1 large red apple, cored, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
1 large green apple, cored, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 cups matchstick-cut carrots (can get pre-cut in store)
1/4 cup chopped chives
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled

Place apples in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice. Add carrots, chives, oil, sugar, salt, pepper and cheese; toss to mix thoroughly. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving (makes 8 servings).

1 WW pt. per serving

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need to make it again soon. It makes a great side dish! Hope you get a chance to try it out. Let me know what you think!

Have a wonderful day!

Lisa :)

1 comment:

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!