Monday, December 15, 2008

Friday Weigh-In - SB Week 1

I am very behind in posting over here! Busy,busy this time of year. I did start South Beach (SB) Phase 1 last Monday and it's going well! I never thought I would be able to handle temporarily cutting out carbs and sugar, but have survived one week and after one more week I will enjoy a few Christmas goodies though I will limit them as much as possible.

I wanted to keep my weigh-ins on Fridays. As of Friday - only 4 of the days on SB - I lost 1.5 lbs! Woo-hoo! But I also weighed today because it is one full week of SB and I am down, yes, down 3.5 lbs now! Yay for SB!! I don't feel terribly deprived and I know that I will enjoy some goodies after the second week is over - though I'm really not craving them. However, when I see all the pretty Christmas goodies around, it make me want to have something. But I have not cheated once!!

I plan on sticking with this program for a while and my hubby is doing it also. I think the fact that it's something new for us is helping, too.

It's not the easiest diet to follow as there aren't many convenience foods. You really have to plan ahead and do a lot of prepping and cooking, but I was trying to do more of that anyway.

So that's the update! I will let you know on Friday how my weight is doing and will try to get another healthy recipe posted for you this week. I must say, this is a nice feeling to be losing weight this time of year. I typically gain 5 lbs between Thanksgiving and New Year's - every.year. Not this time! Merry Christmas to me!! :)

How are you doing right now? Struggling with all the Christmas goodies? Try just cutting back some and/or adding exercise. You can do it!

Lisa :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! My Dad and his wife are doing SB too and they really like it. I'm sure it helps a ton that your husband is on board too.

    I joined WW just over a week ago and I'm doing really well. I lost 4.6 pounds the first week. A lot of people have said I'm crazy for doing this during the holidays but I feel just like you do - why not take control now and avoid gaining even more over the holidays?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!