Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Healthy Recipe: Roasted Spring Veggie Medley

I love this recipe! I have even included it in my Thanksgiving Menu on my other blog. I don't care if it says spring veggies - LOL!

Roasted Spring Veggie Medley
1 lb green beans, trimmed
1 lb baby carrots (2 cups)
3 medium red onions, cut into eighths
2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-in. strips
2 large yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-in. strips
8 sprigs fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon paprika

1. Place a rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil.

2. Cut green beans in half. Spread on prepared pan along with carrots, onions, peppers and thyme sprigs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

3. Whisk garlic, olive oil, basil, paprika, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Pour mixture over vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Roast for 20 minutes. Using a wide spatula, turn vegetables. Roast until tender, 15 to 25 minutes more.

8 servings
163 cal, 10 g fat, 5 g fiber, 3 pts


Hope you get a chance to try this sometime. My family really enjoys it!

I'm linking this up as a side dish for Tried and True Thanksgiving Recipes Week at What's Cooking At My House!

Lisa :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really yummy my friend. I don't care if it says spring either! LOL
    Hugs
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!