Thursday, June 24, 2010

Healthy Recipe: Steakhouse Chopped Salad With Blue Cheese Dressing

Who says you can't have a salad with a creamy blue cheese dressing when you're trying to watch your weight?  I love this salad that I found in my WW Comfort Classics cookbook!


Steakhouse Chopped Salad With Blue Cheese Dressing

1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream (I used light)
1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 medium head iceberg lettuce, chopped (about 4 cups)
(Can also add in 2 cups chopped Romaine for color and crunch)
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 small red onion, chopped (I left it out as hubs doesn't like it)
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped

Stir the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper together in a large bowl until well mixed.  Add the lettuce , celery, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and tomato; toss well.

Per serving (1 3/4 cups): 95 cal, 4 g fat, 3 g fiber, 2 WW pts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now you have a new salad to try this Summer with some barbecued steaks!  Delicious!

Have a healthy day!
Lisa :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE!!! making salads in the summer and this one is a must try. My hubby LOVES!!! blue cheese.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!