Thursday, January 28, 2010

Healthy Recipe: Cheesy Chicken Carbonara With Fettuccine

We recently had another really yummy recipe from WW Comfort Classics cookbook.  My whole family loved it and I can't wait to have it again!  I used bow tie pasta instead just because that's what I had on hand.


Cheesy Chicken Carbonara With Fettuccine

6 oz fettuccine
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1/3 cup grated parmesan
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast

1.  Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt if desired.  Drain and keep warm.

2.  Meanwhile, whisk the milk, Parmesan, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl until blended.

3.  Cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the bacon begins to brown, 3-4 minutes.  Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to brown, 2-3 minutes.  *Optional - add 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper with onion.
4.  Add the chicken and cook until heated through, 1-2 minutes.  Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the fettuccine and the milk mixture.  Cook, tossing, until the sauce is thickened and creamy, 2-3 minutes.

1 serving = 1 cup
Per serving:  311 cal, 9 g fat, 2 g fiber, 7 WW pts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How does that sound?  I hope you get to try it soon!  I'm linking it up to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam!

Have a healthy day!
Lisa  :)

4 comments:

  1. Very similar to how I make my carbonara (which my Hubby LOVES!), except I haven't added chicken before. I'll have to try that!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! Will have to try this - I think my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Lisa this one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so good! Guess what I'm cooking tomorrow?
    Thank you so much, Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!