Thursday, October 2, 2008

Healthy Recipe: Ooey-Gooey Peanut Butter-Chocolate Brownies

Just the title sounds good, huh?! This recipe is from Cooking Light and I had kind of forgotten about it. I did make it for company before and everybody really liked it. Hope you do, too!

Ooey-Gooey Peanut Butter-Chocolate Brownies
3/4 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk, divided
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
1/4 cup fat-free milk
1 (18.25 oz) package devil's food cake mix
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
Cooking spray
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Combine 1/4 cup condensed milk, butter, and next 3 ingredients ( batter will be very stiff). Coat bottom of a 13x9 in. pan with cooking spray. Press two-thirds of batter into prepared pan using floured hands; pat evenly (layer will be thin).

3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Combine 1/2 cup condensed milk and marshmallow creme in a bowl; stir in chips. Spread marshmallow mixture evenly over brownie layer. Carefully drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over marshmallow mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Yield 2 dozen.

176 cal., 5 g fat, .8 g fiber, about 4 pts each


If you try these, let me know what you think and what you like!

Lisa :)

3 comments:

  1. what would happen if I used SMART BALANCE instead of the butter (only because it's what I have here :))----I guess we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa, I have made these a few times in the past - the are FANTASTIC. :) One year, my son wanted a huge plate of these instead of cake for his birthday party. He has a list of "requested Mom foods" to eat when he comes home from Tech School, and that is on the list, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these sound divine, I am adding the ingredients to my shopping list for this week.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!