Thursday, December 4, 2008

Healthy Recipe: Bow Ties, Tuna, and Vegetables in a Balsamic Vinaigrette

I've had this recipe for about 8 years, I think. I love it! And it sounds really good to have a lighter dish after all the heavy Thanksgiving foods.



Bow Ties, Tuna, and Vegetables in a Balsamic Vinaigrette
4 cups (8 oz) dry bow tie pasta, cooked, drained, and rinsed in cold water
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 cups (1 medium) peeled, seeded and cubed cucumber
1 cup (1 medium) diced tomato
1 cup (1 large) red, yellow, or green bell pepper strips
1 can solid white tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
1/2 small red onion, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup shredded fresh basil leaves

Whisk together vinegar, olive oil and mustard in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.

Combine pasta, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, tuna, red onion and basil in large bowl; toss well. Pour vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Makes 8 servings.

180 cal, 5 g fat, 2 g fiber, 4 pts


I usually add a second can of tuna to add more protein when I have it as a lunch salad. It's so yummy! Try it out and let me know what you think!

Lisa :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and say hello! I'd love to hear from you!